Thursday, March 29, 2007

FANTASTY BASEBALL MOFOS

Yeah I meant to write fantasty. Because I just did fantasy drafts for two leagues, and lemme tell ya my rosters are looking pretty darn tasty. Check it out:

This is my ESPN league:

C -- Posada
1B -- Fielder
2B -- Kendrick
3B -- Zimmerman
SS -- Reyes
OF -- Andruw, Bonds, Cameron
Util -- Papi, Stephen Drew
Bench -- Ray Durham, Chris Young (D'Backs), Kouzmanoff, Sugar Shane, Iannetta

SP -- Peavy, Sheets, Chris Young (Pads), Kelvim Escobar, Anthony Reyes
RP -- Lidge, Jorge Julio
Bench -- Maddux

I admit this team is more offensively inclined. But darn, that's a good offense. The only pick here I wasn't in some way excited about was Julio, but what can you do. Rest is solid gold! Onto the Yahoo league:

C -- McCann
1B -- Kendrick (for some reason listed as a 1B in Yahoo, not sure what that's about)
2B -- Durham
3B -- Aramis Ramirez
SS -- Hanley Ramirez
IF -- Adam LaRoche
CF -- Beltran
OF -- Dunn, Brian Giles, Carlos Quentin
Util -- Alex Gordon
Bench -- Tulowitzki, Pedroia, Iannetta, Matt Kemp

SP -- Bonderman, Jered Weaver, Schill, Mussina, Capuano
RP -- Flash, Lidge
Bench -- Igawa, Broxton

This team skews way young (especially that bench), but I love the lineup and I love the rotation. Know what else I love? Dice-K is pitching at CBP this Saturday, and my ass will be there. Awww sit.

As far as season predictions go, let's say: Phillies win NL East in a squeaker over the Mets, whose rotation will be better than folks think. Brewers crawl out from a chaotic NL Central; meanwhile the Pads and D'Backs are the clear cream of the NL West. AL, well, can't go wrong with Yanks and BoSox in the East, the Indians will slug their way to the AL Central crown behind Pronk Hafner and AL MVP Grady Sizemore, and the Angels win the West by 15 games. Playoffs, let's go with...(I'm closing my eyes and pointing at the monitor)...Red Sox lose to...the Fightin' Phils! The finger has spoken. It is destiny.

1 comment:

m8r said...

you're gonna kick yourself for maddux on the bench, then when you play him he'll pitch like he's 40... oh wait, that's right. he's gonna be your randy moss, put up points when on the bench, suck when you put him in