Friday, April 20, 2007

Put one in the win column for the Phightin Phils

Jamie Moyer was just what the phillies needed yesterday after that horrendous game on wednesday. He threw a 2 hitter through the 8th, and they gave him a change to pitch a cg. It was unfortunate that he ran out of gas and was unable to complete that game. Tom Gordon came in with a runner on second and tried his damnedest to fuck that game up. the only good pitch he threw the entire time was the last one. it was a nice curveball which jammed the batter. It was a nice pitch and all, but the only reason it worked, was that he was only throwing fastballs before that to everyone. Up until i saw him pitch yesterday i was a fan of flash, but now i think he is done. I seriously think he has to get a career ending injury or get a bionic arm.
I like the move of brett myers to the bullpen. He is for sure one of their better starters, but i think they can afford to make him a closer. He does pitch strikes, has good control and has strike out stuff. Mitch Williams even said Myers reminded him of himself. I think more like a Mitch with command of his pitches. I only hope that the Phils don't jerk him around back and forth between starting and relieving. Brett seems like the kind of guy that would take to a setup/closing role well. As far as I can tell, he seems like an aggressive player that wants to be out there every day, he did a good job in wednesday nights games. But that is not enough to sell that move. I need to see him pitch a couple more times.
I do not like the fact that Howard was injured on wednesday and stayed in the game. Charlie Manuel ran out of guys on the bench. He sucks, his management skill are terrible. He should go back to the american league or be a hitting coach somewhere else. I really wouldn't mind it if Girardi got that job. But that will not happen. He got fired from florida because he talked back to the ownership and I doubt the owners of the Phils want someone like that here. I think he would be a good fit though, he would whip this team into shape. Uncle Charlie won't be fired until july at the earliest and that's only if the phils have the same winning percentage they have now. I'm not throwing the towel in on this season yet, but the phillies certainly are not helping me out any.
P.S. I kinda miss Scott Graham, Gary Mathews Sr. is terrible. He makes Larry Anderson tolerable and has ousted Mike Quick as my least favorite Philadelphia broadcaster.

No comments: