Wednesday, April 25, 2007

LOOK WHO'S BRANCHING OUT

It's the "other sports" post! Let's get this party started.

HOCKEY -- Well I know the Rangers are still in it, because I always see Rangers-jersey wearing clowns in the MSG vicinity. Are the Devils still alive and kicking? I typically only root for the non-Ottawa Canadian teams in the playoffs, so go Flames, Oilers, Canucks, Canadiens, and anyone else I might have forgotten. I miss the Jets. Anyway the Flyers were the worst team in the whole darn NHL so I have really nothing to contribute here.

B-BALL -- Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Would be nice to see Golden State upset the Mavs, just because. I'm also pulling for the Nugs due to the A.I. factor. Beyond that, no interest. I usually pull for the Nets too, and I'll continue to do so, as long as Bruce Ratner stays the fuck out of my hood.

FOOTBALL -- The draft is on this weekend! Totally awesome! Yeah, I don't care about the draft. The Eagles pick is really late -- mid-20's or something right? I don't know who they'll select because I don't follow college football, I mean I know they're targeting secondary help, as they should, but basically I find the whole NFL draft obsession so maddeningly boring I don't even feel like finishing this paragr

WII SPORTS -- Vegas is listing me as doubtful (Wii elbow).

BOXING -- De La Hoya fight should be alright. Almost certainly won't watch it (not even sure when it is, in all honesty).

PRO WRESTLING -- I had a weird dream last night: I was in Jurassic Park, and the water in the glass was doing the ripple thing, and I could hear the dino stampede coming -- but instead of raptors it was a huge gaggle of Luna Vachons!

PHILLIES BASEBALL -- Only game in town, homie. Won their 5th in a row tonight, by the way. They are hitting with runners on base (bound to happen; no team bats .100 with RISP for an entire season), the bullpen has been fine, and Utley is finally waking up; meanwhile Rollins, Burrell and Rowand (!!!) continue to be awesome in '07. My first regular-season Phils game is this Sunday (Moyer v. Dontrelle) and I couldn't be more excited. GO PHILS!