Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Baseball season is upon us, and....

I've written and deleted this post several times already, from several paragraphs that were scratched to just a few words, so now it's gonna be put into a post bullet style, because the thoughts aren't coming out in full sentence/paragraph form correctly (or maybe they have been, and I just don't want to admit it in the full form). So here it goes-

*I've been saying for months since football ended that I'm excited for baseball season to start
*I'm a lifetime Phillies fan
*The Phillies have 161 games left
*The Phillies should be quite good this year
*I'm already sick of Phillies banter on this blog, Malphie's comments explain partly why
*I most likely will not be tuning into watch them unless I am with other Phillies fans or at a bar
*I enjoy baseball
*I enjoy following baseball
*I enjoy following the Phillies
*162 games is a fucking long season
*I will follow the Phillies mostly through internet news and CSN Philly


What does all this mean? Well, that's what I kept writing and deleting, how I'm "not a real fan I guess" if I can't even sit and enjoy a full game by myself. If the Phillies 33rd game was on TV, and the women's NCAA volleyball tournament was on at the same time, I'd watch more of the volleyball, no doubt.

Or maybe I'm just beginning to realize baseball's at a point where playing the game is becoming secondary to the "gamesmanship" of delaying, wandering around the mound, resetting every piece of equipment between each pitch while batting, etc. which is basically just wasting a bunch of time instead of pitching and batting and I'm just tired of it. The game is currently to slow to be enjoyed by itself in my opinion unless you are over analyzing and dissecting and basically trying to solve all of the Phillies problems on a night to night basis from your couch.

Or maybe 162 games is truly just to long a season, and I realize that the only part that matters is August IF IF IF our Phils are still in contention.

Or maybe I'm just a Philadelphia fan and my subconscious is smart enough not to let me watch the games because they'll let me down no matter how certain it is that they win with the only pitching staff in the division (Florida, it hasn't been 5 years yet, you can't be good).

Or maybe my TV and internet are possessed and keep showing any channel or webpage that has bouncing boobies on it to distract me.

This post was started at 9:30 PM, then I went to play tennis, and came home to finish the post at 12:15 AM and lost my train of thought. Then again, as stated, I wrote shit and deleted it several times way back at 9:30 anyway, so maybe I didn't have a train of thought and am just rambling. There's a point to be made somewhere, I'll elaborate more later. I'm as shocked as any to write this post, as my first bullet point was, I've actually been looking forward to these coming months, or so i thought.

To make up for this gigantic waste of time, here's something to waste more time with. Except you won't regret that waste.
m8r

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post.

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks